Who is gabrielle aplin dating rolex watch dating silver
It is home to many kinds of wildlife, and a popular place for walkers, due to its fairly large size and surrounding countryside.
One way into Bird's Marsh is through a field close to the Morrisons supermarket, just south of the roundabout on the A350 (Malmesbury Road).
Chippenham lies 4 miles south of the M4 motorway, which links the town to Bristol, Swindon, South Wales and London.
The A4 former coach road, A420 and B4069 provide further road links to Bath, Bristol and Oxford.
This rapid expansion can be attributed to the development of large housing estates (indeed, entirely new suburbs) such as the large Cepen Park district to the west of the town, and the Pewsham development to the east (Pewsham is also the name of a small village just to the east of Chippenham). Projections for 2012 estimated a population of 44,820, and would have made Chippenham the highest town population in Wiltshire, with the exception of Swindon (which is no longer within the administrative county of Wiltshire), and thus larger than Salisbury.
It was a royal vill, and probably a royal hunting lodge, under Alfred the Great.
An alternative theory suggests that the name is derived from the Anglo-Saxon word ceap, meaning market.
In John Speed's map of Wiltshire (1611), the name is spelt both "Chippenham" (for the hundred) and "Chipnam" (for the town).
1570 and stood at the centre of the Shambles, at the current location of Barclays Bank. Lowndes bought the Buttercross for £6 and re-erected it as a gazebo in the kitchen garden of the Castle Combe Manor House, where it subsequently fell into disrepair.
It was used for the sale of meat and dairy products. The Buttercross was re-erected in 1995 by the Chippenham Civic Society, funded by many local people and organisations.
There are also access points off Hill Corner Road (via fields) and Jacksom's Lane.